Durable Underwater Temperature Logger
Self-contained underwater temperature logger for long-term deployment. Accurate measurements, large memory and replaceable long life battery.
Ideal for monitoring temperature in oceans, rivers and lakes. Can be easily attached to moorings, buoys and nets.
- Compact and accurate water temperature logger
- Long life replaceable battery
- Large memory size
- Fast response temperature sensor available
- Easy to attach to underwater gear
Compact and accurate
This robust mini water temperature logger, with accuracy of +/- 0.025°C (0.045°F), is designed for long-term deployment, and to withstand harsh conditions underwater up to 400 meters. Dimensions are 130 mm x 25 mm. A deepsea version in titanium housing is also available.
The Starmon mini temperature logger is designed for use in underwater environments. Examples of applications:
- Sea temperature logging for oceanographic studies
- Temperature monitoring in rivers and lakes, ecosystem research
- Attached to fishing gear for fisheries research, scientific and commercial
- Mapping sea temperature at aquaculture sites
Long life replaceable battery
The battery typically has a long life of 6.5 years. Actual lifetime depends on sampling interval used and frequency of use. The battery is replaceable.
Memory size is 16 million measurements.
Fast response temperature sensor available
This logger is available with a fast response temperature probe. The time constant in the fast temperature response version is 2 seconds, compared to 18 seconds in the standard version. This is useful when measuring while sinking or towing gear.
Easy to attach to gear
The logger housing has holes for mounting to ocean moorings, buoys, nets, deployment lines etc. For more flexible mounting a stainless steel tube can be supplied, or a wire clip fastener.