Starmon tilt, titanium housing
Acceleration, tilt, temperature and depth logger
Durable, long life subsea acceleration and tilt data logger with large memory. Fast sampling and response.
For monitoring behavior, movements and orientation of subsea gear, cables and underwater vehicles. Fits both for short or long-term research.
- Fast sampling and response
- Robust, durable and accurate
- Long life and replaceable battery
- Easy to attach to gear
Fast sampling and response
Starmon tilt can record acceleration and tilt in burst mode at up to 100 Hz (100 measurements per second). Different sampling rates within a measuring period are possible. The temperature sensor has a fast response of 2 seconds.
The Starmon tilt is applicable for both short and long-term research:
- Movements of fishing gear like trawls and dredges during surveys
- Orientation of underwater robots and vehicles (AUV, ROV)
- Tilt changes of submersible acoustic receivers and and mooring lines due to changes in wind and waves
- Analysing shape of geothermal wells or boreholes
- Vibration of subsea cables, recording bursts of acceleration data
Long life replaceable battery
Depending on interval setup, the battery can last over a decade. The software does energy and memory calculations based on certain intervals and reports battery life status upon connection with Starmon tilt.
Easy to attach to gear
Starmon tilt has an attachment hole through the end cap and two slots for strapping or fastening to subsea gear. For more flexible mounting, holder brackets fitting the slots with one or double plates are ideal for attaching on flat surface and give extra protection.