DST compass magnetic
Compass, Tilt (3D), Temperature and Depth Logger
Small and economical underwater data logger with compass, tilt, temperature and depth sensors. Easy to mount on gear.
For monitoring behavior, movements and orientation of subsea gear and underwater vehicles. Adding the Star-Oddi’s adjustable housing offers flexible mounting options.
- Smallest compass sensor data logger on the market
- Adjustable housing gives flexible mounting options
- Wide selection of depth ranges, from shallow to deep ocean
Smallest compass sensor logger on the market
The miniature underwater compass data logger measures earth’s magnetic field strength and tilt in three directions, giving the compass measurements. Additionally it is measuring depth (pressure) and temperature. The logger is only 46 mm in length and 15 mm in width and is therefore easy to mount on various gear and nets.
This subsea compass and tilt data logger is small and economical when compared to bulkier magnetic field strength loggers on the market. It is used for a variety of studies including:
- Fishing gear research – loggers attached to gear to collect data on its orientation and heading at different depths
- Towed underwater vehicles, sleds, hydrophone arrays, ROV and AUV– for analysing the orientation and movements of the subsea equipment
- For using DST magnetic on fish and marine animals, click here.
Adjustable housing gives flexible mounting options
When measuring compass direction and tilt it is important that the logger does not roll on the object being studied. When attached to gear we recommend using Star-Oddi’s adjustable tilt housing. Stainless steel clamps inside the housing fix the logger to the housing. The shape of the housing is designed to be fastened to underwater equipment or strapped to a cable.
Wide selection of depth ranges, from shallow to deep ocean
Customers can choose between depth calibration up to: 50 m, 100 m, 270 m, 800 m, 1500 m or 3000 m. The shallower the range the better the resolution and accuracy.