DST CTD online
Online Conductivity (Salinity), Temperature and Depth Sensor
Mini CTD salinity sensor for connection to embedded systems
Conductivity (CTD) sensor connection port for subsea device integration. For both short or long-term oceanographic surveys.
- Smallest online conductivity sensor on the market
- Real time data streaming or data retrieval after surveying
- Fully submersible rugged design
- Pressure sensors from shallow to deep ocean
Smallest CTD on the market
The small and handy CTD online is a modified version of the popular DST CTD standalone data logger. The sensor probe is only 22.4 mm in diameter and 89.5 mm in length and a subsea cable connects to the connector end. The small measuring device is also available as a CT online if depth measurements are not required.
The online CTD sensor is used for hydrographic and oceaonographic studies:
- Survey missions where it is a part of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV), either streaming data in real-time or for later data retrieval when AUV is surfaced.
- Long term stationary monitoring underwater where it is connected to a data logging system.
- For using the CTD without wired connection, as a self-contained logger, click here.
Fully submersible rugged design
The housing is ruggedly designed for durability, strong breakage resistance and high pressure survival. The CTD online has a robust plastic molding around the ceramic sensor housing and the housing has a threaded steel connector on the end. The subsea cable comes with a matching subsea connector for a quick and easy connection to the CTD.
Depth sensors from shallow to deep ocean
Customers choose between depth calibration ranges up to 100 m, 500 m, 1200 m or 2400 m. The shallower the range the better the depth resolution and accuracy.
Originally designed for NASA
The online CTD was initially designed for use on NASA‘s micro-sub deployed in waters deep under the Antarctic glacier, exploring lifeforms deep under the glacier. Star-Oddi's CTD logger was chosen by NASA because of its small size and reliability.